- Business Activities
- Business Activity Manager
- Business Alerts
- Manager Windows
- Picklists (Advanced Picking)
- Purchase Order Manager
- QuickBooks & Acctivate Basics
- QuickBooks Desktop Sync
- QuickBooks Online Sync
- Sales Order Manager
- Sales Tax
- User Interface
How do I?
Resolving "Invalid TLV Error" when Running Custom Reports.
When running a Windows operating system, applications will share files, such as dlls. If an application modifies the file, the dll can be re-registered under a this other application which can break the link for Crystal Viewer.
Invalid TLV Error Running Custom Report
Sometimes users can receive the error below when running custom reports:
Invalid TLV record. \\SERVER\ACCTivateData\CustomReports\Order.rpt
Application Module: Report, Subroutine: OpenReport, Source: Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer
When running a Windows operating system, applications will share files, such as dlls. If an application modifies the file, the dll can be re-registered under a this other application which can break the link for Crystal Viewer. To resolve this specific issue, follow the instructions below:
- On the server, right click on the Acctivate icon > Open File Location
- Open the ClientFiles folder
Note: If ClientFiles does not exist or does not have the file listed below, download and run the Cumulative update on the server to add those files. Make sure you are on the same version as the one listed on the Downloads page before running the update. Support can also transfer this file over to you, if your version doesn’t match. Running the cumulative update may also resolve the issue after updating rather than running the file below manually.
- Run the Crystal11.exe file
- After re-installing the Crystal Viewer via the executable above, try the custom report in Acctivate again.
- If you still have issues, contact our Support team.