- Business Activities
- Business Activity Manager
- Business Alerts
- Manager Windows
- Picklists (Advanced Picking)
- Purchase Order Manager
- QuickBooks & Acctivate Basics
- QuickBooks Desktop Sync
- QuickBooks Online Sync
- Sales Order Manager
- Sales Tax
- User Interface
How do I?
What are some Alternative Methods for Barcode Creation?
Alternative methods for Barcode creation
In addition to barcodes available in Acctivate many label printers come with barcoding software, however you do also have other alternatives.
- BarTender® software enables organizations around the world to improve safety, security, efficiency and compliance by creating and automating the printing and control of labels, barcodes, RFID tags, plastic cards and more. BarTender® can connect directly to your Acctivate database using an ODBC connection, so there is no need for data entry.
- Barcodes may also be generated using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. They can both be connected directly to your Acctivate data using an ODBC connection. When using Microsoft Word or Excel you must have an ‘*’ (asterisk) at the beginning and end of the data you wish to encode or the barcode may not scan properly.
You may need to download the free IDAutomation font encoder.
Please refer to this Microsoft support article for create barcodes using this method.
Please Note: Bartender as well as Microsoft word and Excel are external 3rd party software's. Acctivate support is unable to assist you with the creation of barcodes within these software's. Please reach out to Seagull Scientific support for help with Bartender and to Microsoft support for help with Excel/Word.