How Do I Apply One Payment Across Multiple Invoices?
In this guide we discuss methods of applying single payments to several invoices at once.
When dealing with payments in Acctivate, there may be some situations that require you to split up either the invoices related to an order, to the payments related to the order. This can happen for a wide variety of reasons. For example, a customer of yours has decided to pay for part of their order with cash, and the rest on a credit card. Or, maybe your customer wants to make one payment to cover multiple invoices. What is the best way to go about handling these situations within Acctivate?
While there are options in Acctivate to handle payments and partially invoice orders, splitting up the relationship between multiple payment types to one invoice, or using one payment to cover multiple invoices can be a bit less intuitive. In these cases, the best route is to take the following steps:
- Create the invoice in Acctivate with no payment entered on the Acctivate side
- Run a sync with QuickBooks
- Locate the invoice(s) in QuickBooks
- Apply the payment(s) to the invoice(s) on the QuickBooks side
- Run another sync between Acctivate and QuickBooks