- Business Activities
- Business Activity Manager
- Business Alerts
- Manager Windows
- Picklists (Advanced Picking)
- Purchase Order Manager
- QuickBooks & Acctivate Basics
- QuickBooks Desktop Sync
- QuickBooks Online Sync
- Sales Order Manager
- Sales Tax
- User Interface
How do I?
Performing a Pre-Authorization on a credit card.
This article goes over steps on how to authorize a credit card.
Users can authorize a credit card on a Sales Order prior to invoicing the Order and charging the Credit Card. This allows users to validate the credit card and put a hold on the funds prior to actually invoicing the Sales Order.
- Open an existing sales order in Acctivate in which you would like to authorize a credit card.
- On the Payments tab, select the payment method that corresponds with a credit card specific payment type. (Please check out our Payment Method article if you're not sure about this.)
- Enter in the necessary credit card payment information. Notice, the 'Authorize' button now displays below the credit card fields.
- Select the Authorize button to start the authorization process. Providing the credit card information and payment hold is successful, your credit card processor will capture the authorization.
Once you are ready to invoice the order, you will then have the option to charge the credit card on the Create Invoice window. The credit card will be processed at that time, utilizing the previous credit card authorization.