Types can be used to control which users can access that report and where a user can find the report in Acctivate to print out.
Acctivate can use various permission groups that will determine what permissions a user would need to have to be able to access a certain report. In addition to permission groups, Acctivate also offers document types which allows a user to set what window a certain report is accessed from.
The steps to do this will differ slightly depending on your version of Acctivate. For version 12.1 and higher, keep reading. For version 12.0 and lower, click here.
Acctivate Version 12.1 and higher:
- Click File -> Manage Reports
- Locate the report you'd like to modify.
- Click "Edit"
- Use the dropdowns under "Permission Group and Document Type" to change the values.
- Permission group determines what permissions you need to have to run the report.
- Document Type determines where in Acctivate you will find the report. For example, document type of "Sales Order" means it is printed from the printer icon on a sales order. For a list of document types, please refer to our docs.
- A document type of blank means the report would be printed from the standard report catalog.
- Click save.
For more information on setting user permissions see our Setting User Permissions article.
Acctivate Version 12.0 and lower:
- Select File > Configuration Manager > Reports > Report Catalog
- Click on Edit then select desired report.
- Click on the drop-down list under Document Type and choose a location for the report.
- Click Save and close the Configuration Manager.