- Business Activities
- Business Activity Manager
- Business Alerts
- Manager Windows
- Picklists (Advanced Picking)
- Purchase Order Manager
- QuickBooks & Acctivate Basics
- QuickBooks Desktop Sync
- QuickBooks Online Sync
- Sales Order Manager
- Sales Tax
- User Interface
How do I?
What is the EDI Customer Purchase Order – 850 file structure?
EDI Customer Purchase Order – 850
Acctivate can import orders received from your customers (trading partners) via EDI. This transaction is commonly referred to as a Customer Purchase Order since it is initiated by your customer. However, the EDI Purchase Order will be imported as an Acctivate Sales Order.
The EDI Purchase Order is also referred to as the EDI 850 transaction. Please read the EDI Transaction Files article for more information.
The Acctivate EDI Purchase Order format includes a single Header row, followed by an Item row for each product on the order.
- The Header Row (Row Type “H”) is the first row in a Customer Purchase Order. The transaction header row includes the customer name, addresses, contact info, special instructions and transaction total amounts.
- Item Rows (Row Type “I”) appear for each item in the order. This row contains multiple product identifiers, transaction quantity, price, reference and special instructions.
For a more detailed look as well as a table of the file structure of an 850, please check out our doc's page.