If you're running into excel issues with the import data utility start here and see if you can resolve them.
The Acctivate Data Import tool is a helpful utility for importing Excel Spreadsheets. You can import information on Products, Customers, and Shipments.
If you are having trouble importing your file you will need to make sure you have permissions on the file if it is not stored locally. You can try moving the Excel file to your computer if you think permissions are a problem. Another common problem is an Excel spreadsheet that is too large.
Although Acctivate does not have a limit on the size of the Excel file that you can import, you should remember that your computer may not be able to load that much information into memory for processing. There can also be restrictions on the Excel file size due to your server limitations.
We do not recommend trying to import an Excel file over 10,000 rows. If you are having trouble, you should divide up your spreadsheet into smaller files that your computer and server will be better able to process.
Some other various issues you may run into with the import data tool function:
- Missing, or Blank Required Fields
- Product ID is required for all Product Imports
- Incorrect file format
- Source File should be an Excel (xls, xlsx) spreadsheet or CSV
- Incorrect data format error messages
- Not a number - Indicates the field is a numbers only field
- Product Class: Product Class cannot be empty, Description: Description cannot be empty, Product Type Cannot be Empty
- This product does not exist in Acctivate
- Cannot open spreadsheet
Please review other import articles, or contact our support team for additional assistance.