FedEx Shipping Workstation Installation (Non EDI/Packaging Manager)
Configuring FedEx Ship Manager to Import data from Acctivate
The process of setting-up FedEx Ship Manager to work with Acctivate is fairly straightforward and can typically be completed in 30 minutes to one hour.
- Make certain that you complete the ODBC setup before you begin the FedEx integration process.
- When you are at your shipping workstation, open your copy of the FedEx Ship Manager software.
- From the top drop-down menu, click Integration > FedEx Integration Assistant.
- The FedEx Integration Assistant window will open outside of FedEx Ship Manager.
Please note that the Integration Assistant window is organized in a tab format.
Click the Continue button located near the bottom of the screen.
- The next screen will be the Welcome > Before You Begin (tab) screen.
Read this page and then click Continue.
- On the Begin > Create window, select the Create a New Profile radio button.
- On the Begin > Integration Type window check the Both Import and Export radio button.
- On the Import > Source window, click the ODBC radio button
Scroll down in the Data Source name sub-box and click the ACCTivateCompanyName DSN name. Remember, this is the DSN company name that you just created.
- A pop-up “error” box will tell you that you need to enter a password.
Click the login button.
Enter the user name: sa
Password: (Contact support if you need assistance)
(if you originally installed Acctivate 6.3 or later)
The password may have been changed during the installation or configuration of SQL Server. If these settings do not work, please contact your database or network administrator to gain access to this database.
Click the OK button.
- You will automatically be moved to the Import > Shipping window.
Select Single Edit (furthest right option) on the horizontal image/radio button. Click Continue.
- Next, you will see the Import > Lookup window. Click the After I enter a Lookup Value radio button (default). Click Continue.
- The Import > Information window is next. Select the All Fields link from the bottom of the list. A small pop-up window with a header reading All Fields will appear.
The following boxes should be checked in this window.
Section Check Box Recipient Address Address 1 Recipient Address Address 2 Recipient Address City Recipient Address Company Recipient Address Contact Name Recipient Address Country Recipient Address Phone Recipient Address Postal Code Recipient Address State/Province Package Reference Customer Reference Package Reference PO Number Package Service Type Service Type Package Weight Weight Special Services Ship Alert Recipient Email
Click OK when you are finished, then click Continue.
If you are using the Acctivate Add-on module, Package Manager or EDI Manager, please contact Acctivate Consulting for an alternate Shipping Workstation Interface Installation Guide.
- The next window is the Import > Match window. This window allows you to match FedEx Ship Manager fields to fields in your data source. This is the most critical step in the “mapping” or “matching” process, as you connect these fields together. If you have a newer version of FedEx Shipping Manager, your screen may differ slightly.
Select ‘OrdersAvailableToShip’ from the TABLE dropdown.
You will receive a popup asking you to set all unselected tables as: OrdersAvailableToShip Click YES.
Map the FedEx data to the following FIELDS in the ‘Select your fields’ dropdown:
For QuickBooks users:
Section FedEx Field Database Field Default Recipient: Address Address 1 ShipToAddress2 Recipient: Address Address 2 ShipToAddress3 Recipient: Address City ShipToCity Recipient: Address Company ShipToAddress1 Recipient: Address Contact Name ContactName Recipient: Address Country ShipToCountry ‘US – United States’ Recipient: Address Phone ContactPhoneNumber Recipient: Address Postal Code ShipToZip Recipient: Address State/Province ShipToState Package: Reference Customer Reference OrderNumber Package: Reference P.O. Number PO Package: Service Type Service Type CarrierService 1* Package: Weight Weight PackageWeight Special Services: Ship Alert Receipient Email ContactEmailAddress
For CYMA users:
Section FedEx Field Database Field Default Recipient: Address Address 1 ShipToAddress1 Recipient: Address Address 2 ShipToAddress2 Recipient: Address City ShipToCity Recipient: Address Company ShipToDescription Recipient: Address Contact Name ContactName Recipient: Address Country ShipToCountry ‘US – United States’ Recipient: Address Phone ContactPhoneNumber Recipient: Address Postal Code ShipToZip Recipient: Address State/Province ShipToState Package: Misc Customer Reference OrderNumber Package: Misc Service Type CarrierService Package: Misc Weight PackagedWeight 1* Special Services: Ship Alert Recipient Email ContactEmailAddress
* There is a known issue in FedEx with saving the defaults for Carrier Service, Package Type and Bill To if you do not have a default value for Weight also mapped.
- Once you have matched all the fields, remain in the Import > Match window and click the Select Index button near the bottom.
- The Primary Index window will pop-up.
Click OrderNumber from the menu to map it to Customer Reference (an orange line will connect the two, signifying that they have been mapped together).
- The Import > Conversion window will automatically open. Nothing needs to be done in this window. Click Continue.
Configuring FedEx Ship Manager to Export data to Acctivate
- The Export > Destination window will be displayed next. Scroll down and select the ACCTivateCompanyName DSN company name that you created and used in the first procedure. Click Continue.
- The Export > Method window is displayed next.
Under the question, “When do you want to export to your data source?” select Each time a shipment is completed. Check the option to ‘Also Export each time a package is deleted’. Under the second question, “How do you want to update your data source?” select Insert a new record.
- The next window is the Export > Information window. Select the All Fields link from the bottom of the list. A small pop-up window with a header reading All Fields will appear.
The following boxes should be checked off in this window.
Section Check Box Tracking Number Tracking Number Charges – Customer Rate Net Charge Package – Reference Customer Reference Package – Miscellaneous Declared Value Package – Miscellaneous Ship Date Package – Service Type Service Type Package – Billing Bill Transportation To Package – Weight Weight
Click OK when you are finished, then click Continue.
- The next window is the Export > Match window. This window allows you to match the export fields from FedEx Ship Manager fields to fields in your data source. Select ‘tbOrderPackagesText’ from the TABLE dropdown.
You will receive a popup asking you to set all unselected tables as: tbOrderPackagesText. Click YES.
Map the FedEx data to the following FIELDS in the ‘Select your field’ dropdown:
Section FedEx Field Field Tracking Number Tracking Number TrackingNumber Charges – Customer Rates Net Charge ShippingCharge Package – Reference Customer Reference OrderNumber Package – Reference Bill Transportation To BillingOption Package – Reference Declared Value DeclaredValue Package – Reference Service Type CarrierService Package – Reference Ship Date ShipmentDate Package – Reference Weight Weight Delete Indicator Delete Indicator Voided
If you receive the pop-up message when mapping order number to PO Number, ignore it. It is only for informational purposes and will not affect your mapping.
- Once the mapping has been completed click Continue.
- The Export > Conversion window will automatically open. Nothing needs to be done in this window. Click Continue.
- The Finish > Summary window will open next.
This page will show you the selections that you have made in your matching process.
Under the export summary section, review all of the information to make certain that the export matches have the table set to tbOrderPackagesText.
After you have thoroughly reviewed this page, click Continue.
- The Finish > Instructions window is next.
- A window will pop-up reading “Would you like to save the changes…”
- Another window will pop-up reading “Enter the name of your integration profile…”
Make certain that there is no punctuation in the above name. Click Save.
- The FedEx Integration Assistant will close automatically.
Carrier Service Setup
Before using the FedEx Ship Manager and Acctivate to perform a shipment, you mush define the FedEx carrier services inside of Acctivate.
- To do this, an authorized user must add these carrier services in the Acctivate Configuration Manager
(File > Configuration Manager).
If FedEx is not already defined as a carrier then double-click the Sales Order folder and select Carrier.
The Carrier section of the Configuration Management window will open.
- Click the Edit button and enter FedEx as a Carrier. Make certain to check the Active box.
Click the Save button.
- Next, open the Carrier Service section of the Configuration Management window.
Click the Edit button and add the carrier services (in the table below.).
For older version of FedEx (prior v10.6.1)
Service Description 1 FedEx Priority Overnight 2 FedEx Standard Overnight 3 FedEx 2Day 4 FedEx 1Day Freight 5 FedEx 2Day Freight 6 FedEx First Overnight 7 FedEx Express Saver 8 FedEx 3Day Freight 92 FedEx Ground
For newer versions of Fedex (v10.6.1 and above)
Note: Make certain that FedEx is selected in the Carrier column and that the Active box is checked.
The new carrier services will appear in the Service type field of Ship Manager (as shown to the below).
Before importing sales orders into the Ship Manager these need to be saved with the new carrier service codes.
NOTE: FedEx Ground service may be denoted as either “R” or “92” depending on the version of FedEx you are using.
- Open FedEx Ship Manager.
On the top drop-down menu click Integration > Acctivate.
- Click the Clear Fields button in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- A small window reading Lookup Value will appear.
Enter the Acctivate Order number. Click OK.