- Business Activities
- Business Activity Manager
- Business Alerts
- Manager Windows
- Picklists (Advanced Picking)
- Purchase Order Manager
- QuickBooks & Acctivate Basics
- QuickBooks Desktop Sync
- QuickBooks Online Sync
- Sales Order Manager
- Sales Tax
- User Interface
How do I?
Processing Inventory Counts with Multiple Users.
Although the inventory count process is often a group effort, each count sheet can only be entered by one user in Acctivate. If more than one user attempts to open the same count session number in the Enter Count screen, the following warning will be
Handling Inventory Counts with Multiple Users
Although the inventory count process is often a group effort, each count sheet can only be entered by one user in Acctivate. If more than one user attempts to open the same count session number in the Enter Count screen, the following warning will be returned:
“Count 12345 (Section 1) was opened by [InProgressUser] on [InProgressDate] and may still be open. Please only edit one Inventory Count Section at a time. Continue? [Yes][No]“
In order to more efficiently handle inventory counts in Acctivate, it’s best to break large counts into smaller sections. This can be accomplished in a few different ways:
- Assign Count Cycle numbers to group products together, then prepare count sheets by count cycle
- Break counts down by Product Class by selecting a specific product class on the Prepare Count window
- Give each user assisting with the count a different page of the count sheet to take inventory, then have one user enter the data into Acctivate
Make sure that you stop all stock movements before starting an Inventory Count. Post all existing inventory and sales transactions and invoice all shipped orders before preparing and printing count sheets. See our other Inventory Count articles if you have any questions.