The Manager windows are very powerful tools that offers the ability to filter and group records by a large range of conditions as well as perform bulk actions. This article will show you how to create buttons using sales rep orders as an example.
The Manager windows are highly versatile tools that can allow for a large amount of data filtering and grouping as well as the ability to perform bulk actions to your records.
Each Manager can also be used to create custom views for your specific records such as overdue orders, un-received POs and more. We'll show you an example of how to do this by creating a custom button for a specific salesperson's orders, however the steps will be very similar for other custom buttons across all of the manager windows.
To do so, we'll need to first create a custom bar, then a custom button. See below for steps on how to do this:
- Open the sales order manager and click "Configure" in the top left-hand corner of the interface.
- In the Configuration Screen that appears click the "Add" button and click "Bar."
- Name the new bar whatever you would like. For this we're going to name it "Open Orders by salesperson."
- A new "button" will be created under this new bar. The button will automatically be set to show all orders that are scheduled or backordered.
- Hover your mouse over the "Matches All" filter, you'll see a '+' icon appear. Click on it.
- Click "Add Condition"
- Click on the new condition that appears under the "Order Status" condition. Select the "Salesperson Name" condition and then in the "Enter a value..." box, select the salesperson from the drop down.
- Click off the dropdown and the preview below will populate the orders for your selected salesperson.
- Give your button a name by typing one in the "Description" field.
- (Optional) If you'd like the dollar amount for the orders to appear on the button in Order Manager, select an option from the "Amount" dropdown.
- (Optional) Use the "Copy" button to copy your salesperson button to create new buttons for each of your salespeople. Just be sure you change the salesperson in the Salesperson Name dropdown and rename your button!
- Click the "OK" button to edit the Order Manager Configuration.
Now that you've created your buttons for your salespeople, they can view them by opening the Sales Order Manager and clicking the "View" button on the top bar and selecting the name of the bar you created in step three. Using these instructions, you can create all sorts of buttons to filter down based on your specific needs across all of Acctivate's manager windows.
The Manager windows will save the view (not the button) the user was on when they closed it.