From time to time, you may need to delete or edit a package record from an order. You have a few different options depending on how the package was created and rather or not you package manager is involved.
If you need to delete or edit a package on an order, you have a couple of different options to do so. These options will depend if you have the package manager module or not.
Option 1: Void the shipment in the Shipping Software and recreate it:
Voiding a shipment in a shipping software integrated with Acctivate will trigger the software to write back a record in the "tbOrderPackagesText" table with a voided value. This will tell Acctivate to go through and void any packages related to this order.
After voiding, you can then re-create the shipment in your shipping software if desired.
Option 2: Cancel/edit the shipment in Package Manager (Package manager addon module required.):
- Open up the Package Manager module by going to Packaging -> Package Shipments.
- Lookup the shipment in question. (Note that you can change the lookup filter to a variety of different options including order number if needed.) You will need to be sure that the "Include" box is set to "Shipped."
- Upon opening the shipment, you will receive a message "Unable to locate sales order lines for this shipment." This is normal for imported orders and you can simply click "OK" on the warning.
- If desired, you can edit the carrier, weight or the Carrier Tracking ID.
- Any changes you make here will carry over to the "Packages" tab on the sales order.
- Click Save (Note, you will receive the warning again, just click OK.)
- If you want to void the shipment, then change the "Status" dropdown to "Packaged" and then save the shipment.
- You will get the same warning, just click OK.
- Click "Edit" again, and then change the status to "Cancelled."
- Click Save.