Custom filters may be created and saved for each of the data presentation screens. Allowing users to filter records in or out of the list using a specific set of conditions. List can be filtered on a single or multiple conditions.
Filter list using multiple conditions (Order Status, Order Date, Customer ID) In this example, we will generate a filter using a combination of 3 conditions on the Sales data presentation window.
- From the left menu click Sales to open the Sales List.
- Click the Filter icon to open the filter window.
- Click on “Completed” and scroll down until you see Order Status and select it.
- To remove “Cancelled” orders from the view, click “IS” and change it to “Is None Of”
- Click on the <enter a value> field and Choose “Cancelled” by selecting it from the drop down.
- This option is telling Acctivate to only display orders where status is not cancelled.
- Next, add another condition to filter the list further based on order date to filter the list where the order date is on or after a specific date.
- Click the + symbol next to “Matches All” at the top of the window it will default to “Order Number”, change it to “Order Date”, and change the condition from “IS” to “Is On or After”.
- Now select your date that you would like to use in the filter.
- Only Orders where the Order Status is not Canceled AND orders that were created on or after the date you have selected will appear in the list.
- To further filter the list by Customer ID add one more condition to your filter. Click the + and set the condition for “Customer ID” and “Is Any Of”.
- Choose a customer or customers to ‘Filter In’ based on customers that you select with <enter a value>
- After entering in all the above, click “Apply” and the list will filter based on your criteria.
- If you do not want to save the filter click OK, and your list will remain filtered until you close it but it will not be saved.
- If you want to save your filter click Save As and give your new custom filter a name.
- After saving your filter it will now be available to you anytime in the filter drop down list.