Sometimes during an install or update, a user may experience error code 80070643. Unfortunately, this is a very vague error that may not have a direct cause. This article will give you some different steps to try to resolve the error code.
Code 80070643 is a generic windows installer code for when something went wrong. Unfortunately, there isn't an exact cause for this error code, but some customers have found success in trying one of the below steps:
- Install any pending updates (if applicable) and reboot the computer.
- Even if there are no pending updates, you should still reboot the computer.
- Retry the installation. Sometimes attempting the installation or update a second time can fix it.
- Re-download the installer from our downloads site. Sometimes install packages can get corrupted.
- Perform an sfc scannow on the computer to repair corrupted/damaged windows components. This can be done by running command prompt as an admin and typing "sfc /scannow" without the quotes.
- Disable antivirus/endpoint security software.
- Try reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 (x86) Redistributable 14.29.30133. This is a pre-requisite for Acctivate to work. Go to "Programs and Features" and uninstall the current version, and then reinstall it from this link.
- Try using the "Microsoft Fix It" tool from Microsoft's website.
- Try repairing the .NET Framework using the repair tool. You can do that by downloading the repair tool from Microsoft's website.
- Sometimes Windows can get damaged to the point where a reinstall will be required. We typically see this after a malware attack, or by using any sort of tool that can "speed up your computer" System Mechanic is known for messing windows up beyond normal repair. The good news is, you can reinstall windows and keep your personal files. Check out this article from ITPro about reinstalling windows.