A guide on making certain reports print from specified printers depending on the workstation they are printed from.
Acctivate allows users to assign specific reports to print from a certain printer by default. This can be helpful when printing product labels with barcodes, or to simplify the use of multiple printers in the same office. The steps to do this will differ depending on what version of Acctivate you're using. For version 12.1 and higher, keep reading. For Version 12.0 and lower, click here.
Acctivate Version 12.1 and higher:
- In Acctivate, go to File -> Manage Reports
- Locate the report you'd like to set a printer for.
- Click the "Edit" button.
- Click on the "Printer Assignments" tab.
- Select the first blank row in the list and type in the workstation name.
- This is the PC name in Windows. You can access this by searching "View your PC name" in windows.
- You can also enter "*" (without quotes) to assign the printer to all workstations.
- Select the printer from the drop down in the "Printer Name" box.
- Click Save.
Acctivate Version 12.0 and lower:
To access Acctivate’s report configuration options, click the File menu and select Configuration Management.
- In the Configuration Manager window, select Reports > Report Catalog to view a list of Acctivate reports.
- Select a report to configure by drilling down into one of the category folders. In this example, we’ll be using the Order report under OrderProcessing > Forms
- After selecting the report name, click Edit, then click the Printer Assignments tab. This is where you can assign a printer to the report.
- Enter a Workstation Name in the corresponding field, which is the workstation as set by Microsoft Windows. To use the same printer for this report regardless of Workstation, enter an asterisk * in the Workstation Name field. To set up a workstation-specific printer assignment, enter the name of a computer in this field. To set up multiple workstations, use a comma (,) to separate the list.
- After assigning a Worksation Name, click the Browse button […] under the Printer Namecolumn to select a printer. Choose a printer name, then click OK to exit the Print Setup window.
- Back in Configuration Manager, click the Save button to save your changes. When printing this report from Acctivate in the future, the new Printer Assignments will be used.