On the Sales Order, select Void Invoice. Voiding the invoice will remove the payment, if the Invoice hasn't been synced with QuickBooks. If the payment is in QuickBooks, remove the payment and sync. Read the article for full details.
- Select Sales > Sales Order to open the Sales Order window.
- Click the Lookup button next to the Order Number field (or press F4) to open the sales order containing the invoice that needs to be voided.
- Select the Invoices tab in Sales Order window.
- From the data grid list, select the invoice that needs to be voided.
- Click the Void Invoice button (within the tab). A prompt will pop-up asking if you want to void the particular invoice. Click Yes to void it and proceed. Another prompt will pop-up confirming that the invoice has been voided.
Sometimes you will have the need to remove payment records associated with the invoice. If a payment was entered on the invoice yet not received, you have a few options to remove the payment record:
- If you haven't synchronized the Invoice to QuickBooks, void the invoice and re-release without payment information. You will receive a message stating the payment will be voided as well.
- If you have synchronized the Invoice to QuickBooks, remove the payment record in QuickBooks linked to the Invoice in question and run another sync. This will remove the payment record from the Invoice in Acctivate.
- The other option after the Invoice has synchronized to QuickBooks is to void the invoice in Acctivate. This will prompt a message that the payment will not be voided (it's already in QuickBooks). Re-release the invoice without payment information and run a synchronization. After this synchronization, you can remove the payment record in QuickBooks.
Please refer to this article here about cancelling sales orders.