Acctivate users that also use Intuit Merchant Service for QuickBooks or Authorize.net can process credit cards directly within Acctivate.
Acctivate users that also use Intuit Payments (formerly Intuit Merchant Service for QuickBooks) or Authorize.net can process credit cards directly within Acctivate when invoicing sales orders.
Before a credit card can be processed, configuration must be performed in both Acctivate and Intuit Merchant Service. For details on the configuration refer to our configuration guide
Option 1: Save payment information on the Payment Tab of the sales order. Payment information can be saved on the Payments tab of the sales order so that when you open the Create Invoice window the payment information is already populated and ready to charge. Alternatively, if you enter payment information on the Payment tab of the sales order you can Authorize the charge on the credit card. In that case, when you open the Create Invoice window you will have a chance to Capture the authorization, which charges the credit card.
1. Enter a new sales order or open an existing one.
2. From the sales order, click the Edit button, if not already in edit mode.
3. Open the Payment tab select a valid payment type for the credit card in the Type drop-down box.
4. Then, enter the credit card number and expiration date of the card in the corresponding fields. These fields will automatically populate, if credit card information is on file for this customer in the Credit tab of the Customer Information window. The populated information can be edited.
5. The Payment Amount field will automatically populate according to the sales order amount. If the amount is different than the amount displayed, manually enter the correct amount. A balance due will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen.
6. The credit card information entered here will automatically populate the Create Invoice window when it's time to invoice the order. Alternatively, you could Authorize the charge.
Option 1: Enter payment information in the Create Invoice window and charge the card.
- From the sales order, click the Create Invoice button (or type Ctrl-I).
- The Create Invoice window will open.
- In the Payment section enter the Credit Card Information, including payment information, credit card number and expiration date. These fields will automatically populate, if credit card information is on file for this customer in the Credit tab of the Customer Information window. The information can be edited if necessary.
- The Amount field will automatically populate according to the sales order amount. If the amount is different than the amount the system inputted, manually enter the other amount.
- Make certain that the Charge CC checkbox is checked (even if it's grayed out and is not changeable). Please note: If the Charge CC box is not checked, the amount will be moved to the undeposited funds section in QuickBooks. Acctivate does not currently work with a credit card reader. All cards must be manually inputted.
- Click Invoice and the credit card will be charged through Intuit Merchant Service.
- The credit card will be charged at this point. This is not a pre-authorized charge. The credit card number will be represented by x's after it has been released for invoicing.
- If the invoice is voided before a synchronization between Acctivate and QuickBooks occurs then:
- The credit card transaction will be voided in Acctivate.
- No credit card information will be transferred to QuickBooks for the invoice.
- If the invoice needs to be voided after synchronization with QuickBooks:
- Void the payment in QuickBooks.
- The payment will be removed from Acctivate during the next synchronization.