File > Configuration Management > Reports > Reports Catalog then select your report. In edit mode, go to the Selection Prompts tab to add a database field. Set the Prompt to be what you want the filter name to display as.
Acctivate allows you to add various different selection prompts to your reports in order to filter your reports to pull the exact information you need.
To add a filter to a report, follow these steps below:
- Open "Configuration Manager" by going to "File" -> "Configuration Management"
- Locate the "Reports" section and then click on the "Report Catalog" subsection.
- Locate the category in which the report you wish to modify is located in. (This will be the same category in which you would find the report in Acctivate.
- Locate the appropriate sub-category. (This will be the same sub-category in which you would find the report in Acctivate.)
- Locate the report that you want to modify and click on the "Edit" button located in the top tool bar.
- Select the "Selection Prompts" tab and click on the "..." button located in the blank field at the bottom of the selection prompts list.
- A list of Database tables that are used in that report will appear. Click on the '+' icon next to the name of database table that corresponds with the field you are wanting to filter by on the report.
- Locate the field that you are wanting to filter by and click on the "Select" button.
- Be sure to set the "Type" of filter. (Acctivate will auto assign this so input will very rarely be required from the user.)
- Enter the desired name of the filter on the report into the "Prompt" field. (Acctivate will auto assign this so input will not be required from the user.)
- Check the "Required" checkbox if you want this filter to be required to run the report.
- Click on the "Save" icon to save your changes.
Please note: If you are unable to locate the table that contains the field you are wanting to filter by it may not be contained in that report. You will need to add the table in using Crystal Reports.
Your report will now contain the new filter that you've added!
- Should you change your mind later, you can delete filters in Configuration Manager by highlighting them and hitting the "Delete" key. Be sure that you're in edit mode by clicking the "Edit" button.
Be sure to reach out to Acctivate support if need any help.