Acctivate reports support a variety of potential filters. This article will show you how to add additional filters to your reports.
Acctivate allows you to add various selection criteria to your reports, which enables you to filter reports to pull the exact information you need. To add report filters, follow the steps in this article.
Add or Update Selection Criteria to a Report
- In Acctivate, select File > Manage Reports.
- For Acctivate versions before 12.1, the Report Catalog Manager is located in File > Configuration Management >Expand the Reports section> click on the Report Catalog subsection.
- Locate the report you'd like to add filters.
- Click on the "Edit" button.
- Select the "Selection Prompts" tab.
- Click on the blank row under the last listed selection prompts and then click the "..." button.
- A list of database tables that are used in that report will appear. Click the '+' icon next to the name of the database view that corresponds with the field you want to filter by on the report. If you have questions about what fields may be found in what views, see our docs page for view definitions.
- Locate the field you want to filter by and click the "Select" button.
- Be sure the filter "Type" is set appropriately. Acctivate will auto-assign this, so your input will very rarely be required.
- Enter the desired name of the filter on the report into the Prompt field. Acctivate will auto-assign this to the database field name.
- Check the Required checkbox if you want this filter to be required to run the report.
- Click on the Save icon to save your changes.
Please Note: If you cannot locate the table containing the field you want to filter by, the report may not contain the field in that report. You will need to add the table in Crystal Reports.
Note: Before version 12.1, when adding a new report, you had to save the report before adding the selection prompts. Starting in version 12.1, users do not have to save the report before adding selection criteria.
Your report will now contain the new filter that you've added! If you change your mind later, you can delete filters in Configuration Manager by highlighting them and hitting the "Delete" key. Be sure that you're in edit mode by clicking the "Edit" button.
For more information about this, check out our docs.