A summary of ways the workflow status on an order can be updated or configured
Change the Workflow Status of a Sales Order
From within the system the progress of open sales orders can be tracked by changing the workflow status.
This can also be done using the Mobile Order Picking add-on module, but the following will detail the steps from the desktop.
A keyboard wedge or USB barcode scanner can be used to quickly change the status of sales orders.
Defining workflow statuses:
Acctivate already includes system-defined workflow statuses, but users can define additional statuses in configuration.
- Select File > Configuration Management.
- Select the Sales Orders folder > Workflow Status to open the Sales Order Workflow Status configuration option.
- Any workflow statuses specific to your business can be added to the data grid.Click Edit.
- A blank line with an asterisk to its left side will appear in data grid. In each provided field of the line enter the necessary information for a new workflow status.Note:Status is the only data that cannot be user-defined for a workflow status. From the Status drop-down menu you must select from a list of system-defined statuses.
- Click Save after all the necessary workflow statuses have been entered.
- To delete a workflow status from configuration, in edit mode click the specific line to select it (an arrowhead to the left of the line indicates it is selected) and press Delete on the keyboard.
Click Save to save the changes.
Changing workflow statuses:
The workflow status for a sales order can be changed from the Change Assembly Workflow Status window for any open orders. These are orders that have been entered in the Sales Orderwindow, but not yet invoiced.
- Select Sales > Change Order Workflow Status.
- From the ‘Set Workflow Status to’ drop-down menu select a workflow status (which are the workflow descriptions defined in configuration).
- In the Order Numberfield enter the sales order number.To search for a specific order, rather than manually entering it, click the Lookup button. From the Find Sales Orderwindow that appears select the appropriate order.The order can also be entered by using a keyboard wedge or USB barcode scanner to scan the barcode (encoded with the sales order number) on a printed sales document (i.e. pick ticket, pack list, sales order).
- The Bill to Address field will populate according to the address recorded on the sales order to confirm the correct order was selected.
- Click OKto update the workflow status for the selected order and leave the window open to continuing changing workflow statuses for other orders.If using a keyboard wedge or USB barcode scanner, the device can be programmed to automatically ‘enter’ after each scan to move to the next order, otherwise manually press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Click Close to close the window.
- The updated workflow status for the order will display in the Sales > Sales Order window on the Header tab > Workflow status field.
In this window the workflow status can also be updated from the provided Workflow Status drop-down menu.
- If the workflow status of the orders was updated to ‘shipped’ in step 2 of this section, use the Prepare Invoices wizard (Sales > Prepare Invoices) to invoice all the orders with that status at once.