How do I?
Pointing Acctivate Workstations to a New Server After Migration.
Update your Acctivate shortcuts/config file to point to the new server by changing the Target of the shortcut/data path or Reinstall Acctivate Client (Secondary) on each workstation to point to Acctivate on your new server.
When moving Acctivate to a new Server, there are a couple of different ways to update the Client computers to point to Acctivate on your new Server.
For versions 11.0 and lower:
Update your Acctivate shortcuts to point to the new server by changing the Target of the shortcut.
- Right-click the Acctivate icon on the desktop and select Properties.
- On the Shortcut tab, change the Target to point to the Acctivate.exe on your new server. We recommend you use the UNC Path to point to Acctivate (i.e. \\Servername\ACCTivate\Acctivate.exe).
- Click Apply to save the change, then OK to close the window.
For versions 11.1 and higher:
- Navigate to the Acctivate program files path. The default path should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Acctivate
- Right click the "Acctivate.exe" config file and select "Open With" and choose Notepad.
- Change the "AcctivateDataPath" value to be the new Acctivate data path for the new server.
For any Acctivate version.
Reinstall Acctivate on each workstation to point to Acctivate on your new server. You can download the installer here.
If you need the workstation install for versions 11.0 or lower, please contact support.