Acctivate Android is now available on the Google Play Store for Android devices running version 4.4 (KitKat) and higher, however some scanners do not have the Play Store. Check out this article if your scanner doesn't have the Play Store.
Please Note: Acctivate Android was added in Acctivate 11.1. You will need to be on 11.1 or higher to use Acctivate Android.
If your scanner doesn't have the Google Play Store on it don't panic! We accounted for these situations and created an alternative way to install Acctivate by a process called "sideloading."
You have a couple of options here. You can either:
- Side load the Google Play Store onto the device and then use the Google Play Store to install Acctivate normally. This is more advanced and Acctivate support won't be able to help you with this option.
- Side load the Acctivate application onto the device directly. This is the recommended approach and Acctivate can help you out with this.
Either way, you'll first need to do the following pre-requisite to allow for applications to be installed from "unknow" sources (an unknown source is any application that doesn't come directly from the Play Store.) Please Note: These steps may vary by device and version. Check with the manufacturer for device specific instructions.
- Open the settings application on your device.
- Navigate to the "Security" section of the settings. It could also be called "Lock Screen and Security."
- Locate the option "Unknown Sources" (or a similar name.)
- Turn the option to "On" or "Allow."
From here, now you can move on with side loading.
- For side loading the Google Play Store, check out this article from Android Authority.
- For side loading Acctivate directly onto the device, navigate to the URL of your mobile webservice on the device (This is the location your webservice is. Be default this should be http:\\ServerName\AcctHandHeld) You are able to check in Acctivate what your mobile webservice in Acctivate desktop by going to File -> Setup Mobile Device. There's also a QR code you can scan to be taken there quickly.
- Click the "Install" link
- Click the "here" link on the line that says "If you cannot access Google Play on your device, click here to sideload the APK."
- When the file finishes installing, tap on the file to start the install. Follow the prompts during the install.
Acctivate mobile should now be installed on your device!
For more information about the mobile install, check out our docs page.