An inventory Track and Trace transaction allows you to track the usage and/or trace the source of a serial or lot controlled item in Acctivate.
An inventory Track and Trace transaction allows you to track the usage and/or trace the source of a serial or lot controlled item in Acctivate. This module is extremely useful if you need to recall an item and need to identify the origin and uses of a lot or serial controlled item. This can be accomplished even if it was used in multiple assembly items that have their own lot numbers or if the lot in question was created from another lot.
With the inventory Track and Trace transaction you will be able to save the Track and Trace transaction and print a Trace report.
Create a new trace
- Go to Inventory> Track & Trace.
- Click New.
- Under the Parameters section you can choose the type:
- Track Source: This starts with your current lot and goes backwards to track the source of the lot, whether a receipt or created from an assembly.
- Track Usage: This starts with your current lot and goes forward in time. This would include any assemblies built from this lot or sales.
- Track and Trace: Displays the lot’s transactions from the origin to the last usage transaction.
- Lookup and select a Product.
- Lookup and select a Lot/Serial number.
- Optionally you can choose a particular a warehouse and date range to perform a Track & Trace for.
- Click Save.
Once you have created the track and trace with the necessary information, you will see a detailed listing of the transactions related to this lot. In addition to the transaction listing, you will also see a Usage Graph which visually displays the relationship between lots, if one exists. This allows for an easy to understand history of a lot or serial number.
You can include notes and emails on the Trace window as well which allows you to record supporting documentation for your recall.