This is a guide on how to assign custom order fields to existing values in the Sales Order Import template.
Map Custom Fields on the Sales Order Import Template
The ability to create custom fields is one of Acctivate’s key features. These fields are generally entered manually by the user, but they can also be imported from a csv or Excel file. Below is a guide on how to assign custom order fields to existing values in the Sales Order Import template.
1. Ensure that Order Header or Order Detail custom fields are set up in Acctivate
Before custom fields can be mapped to the Sales Order Import template, they will need to exist in Acctivate first. You can review previously created custom fields and add new ones in Configuration Manager.
- Go to File > Configuration Management > Custom Fields to open the configuration options for custom fields.
- In the Custom Fields page of Configuration Manager, click the Form drop down menu and select “Sales Order“. Any custom fields that appear on the Header tab of the Sales Order window will be shown in the Custom Fields list.
- Click the Form drop down menu again and select “Sales Order Detail“. Any custom fields that appear in the Detail tab of the Sales Order window will be shown in the Custom Fields list.
Note: if you need to add a custom field to either of these lists, see our related article regarding the Setup and Definition of Custom Fields.
2. Map the custom fields in the Sales Order Import template
Once you have verified that the correct custom fields exist, you can assign them to the Sales Order Import template.
- Go to File > Import Sales Orders to open the Import Sales Orders window
- Select a previously created Sales Order template, then click Edit Template
- Click Next four times until you reach the Mapping screen. Drill down the Order Document list to see the Order Header and Order Detail sections
- Custom fields will be listed alphabetically under each section, and will always begin with “Custom Field”. Once you’ve located the custom field that needs to be mapped, click the Mapped field drop down list and choose the spreadsheet column to map to the custom field.
- When finished, click Next then Import Orders to complete the Sales Order Import with the new changes.
For more information about creating Sales Order Import templates, see our related Sales Order Import article.