Go to Help > Acctivate Support > Email Acctivate Log File > Open Folder then navigate up to AcctivateData and CustomReports.
If adding a new custom report in Acctivate or just updating an existing report, the report file (a ".rpt" file) will need to be placed within the CustomReports folder. These file types cannot be opened without Crystal Reports. When loading reports sent from an outside party, simply save in the proper location.
If you are updating an existing report with the same name you only need to complete steps 1-4 of the first section, after navigating to the custom reports folder and replacing the existing report you are finished.
You only need to follow steps in the second section when adding a new form/report that did not previously exist in your report catalog.
The folder is located within the AcctivateData share which be accessed at the path \\..\ACCTivateData\CustomReports. However, if you're on an older version of Acctivate that is before version 9.0, then the folder is actually under \\..\ACCTivate\Reports\Custom instead. The following instructions are a simple way to get to this path without having to know it beforehand.
Navigate to the CustomReports folder and replace a report file
- To navigate to the CustomReports folder from within Acctivate, go to Help > Acctivate Support > Email Acctivate Log File. Once the small window opens, click Open Folder.
- Once the Windows Explorer folder is open, navigate up one directory to ACCTivateData. You can either click on "AcctivateData" itself or click the arrow pointing up on the left side twice.
- Double Click to open the CustomReports folder, and place your report inside.
- You may be Prompted to "Replace" the previous report, Click "Yes" to replace. If you don't wish to overwrite the old file and would rather keep it as a backup just in case, you can either rename the old file to have a different name or move it to a separate folder.
If replacing an existing report this completes the process. You may STOP here. For "New" reports that are not already in your Acctivate Report Catalog, you should continue.
Create a custom report template for adding a new report
- Continue ONLY IF you are NOT replacing an existing report follow the remaining steps to add the custom report in the Report Catalog
- File > Configuration Manager > Reports > Report Catalog
- To add a new report template, select a folder for report and click the Add Report icon. To instead Copy an existing report template as a base, select the report template you want to copy and click the Copy Report button (icon with two pages)
- Update the Report ID, Report Description, and Report Filename of the copied report.
- Report ID is an internal unique ID for Acctivate to use in the database.
- Report Description is the name that will display for the report in the software
- Report filename is where the ".rpt" file for the report will be found. Use the button with three dots to browse for the report.
- Permission Group controls what user permission is required to access the report
- Document Type controls where the report can be accessed. If empty, it will be under the general report list. Otherwise, if it needs to appear in a certain window such as a Pick Ticket, set the appropriate type to have it appear in that window's options instead.
- If you want to ensure that an Acctivate Update will not overwrite your report with a new file or change, be sure to check the "Do not overwrite changes to this report definition during Acctivate Update" checkbox. This is important if you have a standard report that was customized since updates will replace the customized version with the standard form.