During the implementation of this module, you may need to refer to the Web Store logs in order to troubleshoot mapping issues between the Web Store fields and the Acctivate fields.
Navigate to the Acctivate Webstore log file
Acctivate offers a Webstore module, which provides a way to import Customers and Sales Orders as well as export back Product Availability and Tracking Numbers. The Web Store logs contain a wealth of information that can be used to troubleshoot Web Store connection issues, mapping issues, the resulting XML data being returned by the Web Store sync, an option to refer back to previous logged messages and errors, and much more.
During the implementation of this module, you may need to refer to the Web Store logs in order to troubleshoot mapping issues between the Web Store fields and the Acctivate fields. You can browse to this directory from any computer running Acctivate by following these simple steps.
Logs are saved locally on the workstation that initiated the sync. With each web store sync, Acctivate will delete one days worth of web store logs (a single sub-directory of the WebStore log directory). Only web store log folders with the format of yyyy-mm-dd that are older than 14 days will be deleted. This keeps the number of log files growing too large while still maintaining the two most weeks of logs.
Opening the log files:
- In Acctivate, select Help > View Log Files
- Select the "Web store sync log" radio button and choose a date if desired.
- Click the "View" button to be taken directly to the directory for the date in question.
Users can directly browse to this directory, also, by opening Windows Explorer and browsing to the C:\ProgramData\Alterity\Acctivate\Log\WebStore directory. This uses the local user Program Data directory and will not be available on a different computer than the one used for the web store sync or web store import.
Sending Log files:
Within each dated directory, there is also a subdirectory for each time in which the synchronization is run. This way, you have a log of the mapping and the result of synchronization.
If you are working with an Acctivate Support Rep and a Support Rep recommends submitting the Web Store logs for review in troubleshooting a Web Store synchronization issue, we would recommend selecting the most recent day’s Web Store log and uploading this to your existing Support Request. You can accomplish this with the following:
- In the \\servername\ACCTivateData\Log\Webstore directory, right-click the most recent day’s log and select Send to > Compressed (Zipped) folder. Selecting this will zip up, or compress, the log.
- Alternatively, each folder within a day's folder represents a single sync where the name of the folder is the timestamp is was run at ("17-13-33" for example. If you have a specific sync you're looking for or just want to get the most recent one, you can use one of those. The full day's syncs might contain far more logs than necessary depending on how often the webstore sync is started.
- You can then copy this zip file to your desktop.
- When you have opened the related Support Request you can select to attach a file. Browse to the zipped file on your desktop and select to attach.