Go to File > Export Product List to export a list of products Fields exported can be set under File > Configuration Management > Inventory > Product Export.
Acctivate offers the functionality to export out a list of products along with their various data fields specified by the user. This can be helpful for exporting your product list to the webstore, or re-working fields to re-import your product list to make changes. The product list can be exported in two separate ways. For "Available on Web" products only or for the entire product list.
Before you can see the "Export Product List" option in your file menu, you'll need to go through the initial one-time setup.
One Time Setup
First, you’ll need to define which columns to include in the export file. The export uses the Product data view, so you’ll have access to the product specification fields, and not their warehouse specific information or price codes (you will have access to the list price and type however.) You will only need to set up the fields to include one time in Configuration Management.
Open Configuration Manager from the main file menu
Select Product Export from the Inventory folder.
Click Edit on the top toolbar and then begin to select the fields to be included in the export file.
Optionally, choose a default product export destination.
- When choosing the default location, you will also need to enter a default name for the file as well.
Optionally choose to include column headers (field name)
Optionally choose to "Only export "Available on Web" products" if you want to only export out your products that are marked as Available on Web.
Click Save and exit Configuration Manager.
Export Product List
- Once the Product export list is configured (see above), a new Export Product List menu option will appear in the main file menu.
- Select the file/folder location to save the export file by clicking the button.
- Select a folder/library from the list on the left and enter a file name. You can select an existing file and it will overwrite that file.
- You can also choose here to only export "Available on Web" products by checking the box if you like.
- Click Export and wait for the following confirmation message.
After receiving confirmation, you're finished! You can now open your product list in Excel or any program that supports CSV files.