Receiving a shipment from a vendor involves more than just getting the product into the warehouse. Products must be entered into Acctivate in order to ensure that inventory levels are accurate and Purchase Orders are fully completed.
Receiving a Purchase Order shipment from a vendor involves more than just getting the product into the warehouse. Products must be entered into Acctivate in order to ensure that inventory levels are accurate and Purchase Orders are fully completed.
While Acctivate is flexible enough that you don't have to have a purchase order to receive products into inventory, typically most Acctivate users issue purchase orders and then receive shipments from those Purchase Orders.
In order to receive all outstanding products on a purchase order in full, this functionality must be enabled in configuration before entering a receipt. If this option is disabled, each product on a purchase order must be individually entered along with the quantity when entering a receipt.
Note: This does not include non-inventoried items. Those items cannot be received and are approved directly on the PO Invoice.
Receiving a Shipment into Inventory
- Save button: Saves changes made to the receipt
- Post button: Finalizes the receipt and adds items to inventory
- Session: Transaction ID number
- Transaction Date: Date that the items will be added to inventory
Initiate a Receipt from a Purchase Order
Directly from an existing or new purchase order (Purchasing > Purchase Order) the option is available to initiate an inventory receipt for the specific purchase order.
Note:If receiving inventory for a vendor without a purchase order or if you do not want to initiate a receipt from the purchase order skip to the section below, Entering an inventory receipt from the Receipts window.
- In Edit mode, mark the status of the Purchase Order as Issued in the Status field if not already, then Save the Purchase Order.
- Click the Receive button from the Purchase Order window's toolbar.
- The Inventory Receipts window will automatically open with a new transaction entered for the purchase order and saved.
- If the option "receive POs in full" has been enabled, the products on the Purchase Order will automatically populate in the receipt window. Verify the costs and quantities, then click "Post" to finalize the receipt and add the products into inventory.
Entering an Inventory Receipt from the Receipts window
If not initiating a receipt from the Purchase Order window start with the following instructions:
- Select Inventory > Receipts to open the Inventory Receipts window.
- Click the New button. A new transaction will automatically be created and a session number will be assigned.
- If you want to receive outstanding products on a PO, manually enter the Purchase Order ID in the corresponding field or use the Lookup button to select the purchase order. This field is not required.
3. Enter the product information into the Inventory Receipt window, including the quantity, unit cost, and lot/serial numbers or location if applicable
4.When you are finished entering information, click "Post" to add the products to your inventory.
Considerations Before Posting a Receipt
- If a PO wasn't selected or the Receive POs in full option is disabled, in the data grid, click inside the Product ID field and enter the product ID manually or click the Lookup button that appears.If the Lookup button was clicked, select the product you want to receive into inventory from the available items. If you selected a purchase order or initiated receipt from the PO window, then only products on that PO will display for selection. Do this for all products that need to be received. In the Received field for each product enter the quantity that will be received.
- If there are multiple related units defined for the default unit (as defined in Configuration Management), the unit in the Unit field can be changed using the provided drop down menu. This is the only inventory transaction that can be processed from a unit other than the stocking unit.
- If you have the Multiple Location Control add-on module, warehouse locations can be changed or added. This is one on the Receipt session itself in the Location field.
- If you have the Lot and Serial Number Control add-on module, serial and/or lot numbers for the products can be entered. You'll see a Lot/Serial number field appear in which you can enter the specific Lot or Serial Number. This will be required information for any item utilizing this control type.
- If multiple transaction receipts or POs need to be entered for this session, they can be added by clicking the Add Transaction button. Multiple transactions are listed on the Transaction drop-down menu after they are created.
- When you are done entering all the products, review and save them. Your inventory in the database has not been updated yet until you post.
Posting the Receipt
- To post your inventory transaction, click the Post button.
- A pop-up window will appear asking if you want to post your inventory transaction.
- Click Yes to post (update) the inventory. Click No to stop the posting process.
- The Inventory Receipts-Transactions Report window will open when you have successfully posted your inventory transaction.
- Select the appropriate buttons, to print or preview the report for the products you just received into inventory.
Viewing the Inventory Receipt Transactions Report later
- Go to Inventory > Inventory Reports > Transactions > Inventory Receipts to pull up the report selection criteria window.
2. In the Filter field set the fields (All, Between, Equal To, Not Equal To, Greater Than, Greater Than or Equal To, Less Than, Less Than or Equal To, Like, In or Not In) for the session and date as appropriate for the transaction you want to view.For example, if the session number of the transaction is 81 then you would set the Filter field of the session to Equal To and type 81 in the Value 1 field.
3. When you have all the fields set, so that you can view the appropriate reports, Click either the Preview or Print button.