If you think you have encountered a bug in Acctivate or you have a feature in mind that you'd love to see, please see the guide below on how to report it!
If you've found a bug:
- Reach out to Acctivate support to report it! When submitting a ticket, if possible, include any relevant screenshots, pictures, files, or videos that may help explain the situation. It's often easier to explain and to understand with visuals instead of just words. For more information on how you can include these, please see our article How do I Attach a Screenshot to a Support Request?. Attachments may include, but not limited to, the following:
- Screenshots of error, warning, or popup messages.
- Screenshots of what you were doing in Acctivate when the incident occurred.
- Video of your steps.
- Excel files or other files used during the problem you are reporting.
- Include a log file.
- Provide as many details as possible. The more specific you are, the easier it is to troubleshoot or resolve. Such details may include the following, as well as any other details that you find helpful or important.
- How many users are reporting this issue?
- When did this issue start?
- Where did this issue start? The server, a workstation, a mobile device, etc.?
- What are the symptoms? Describe the behaviour of Acctivate, what you expect it to do, and what is actually going on.
- Provide detailed steps on what lead you to your bug or problem. Be specific. If you used a keyboard shortcut, include that in your steps. List the buttons or icons you clicked on, what windows in Acctivate were being used or open, and how you navigated to the area that caused your problem.
If there is anything not included in the list above, but you feel it would be useful in troubleshooting your issue, please provide that when contacting Support. The Support Rep assisting with your issue may request other information or details to help identify and resolve the suspected bug.
If you'd like to request a feature:
We're always excited to hear from our customers about features they'd love to see in the program. While every piece of feedback we get is important to us, it's impossible for us to implement everything. If you have a feature in mind that you'd like to see, first start out by submitting a ticket to support. You should include the following:
- What the feature you're wanting is, and how you'd like it to work.
- How this feature could benefit you (aka a user story.)
- If it's a report, you should include how the report should work/what data it should pull.
Once an enhancement request is submitted, customer feedback will start getting tracked. Enhancement requests with a large amount of customer feedback have a higher chance of being scheduled.
Please Note: The Acctivate support team can only submit bug and enhancement features on behalf of customers. The support team is unable to promise a date for a fix/enhancement or provide any additional information after the fact.