If you're getting an error from Quickbooks referencing an invalid certificate, take these steps.
QuickBooks requires that all Integrated Applications (e.g., Acctivate) must have a valid Digital Certificate. This certificate is required to allow the application to access the QuickBooks data. This also allows future access without the QuickBooks Admin in Single-User Mode.
Acctivate uses a digital certificate from Thawte, a third-party Certificate Authority. Thawte is a very popular certificate issuer with millions of applications and websites secured by their certificates.
The Acctivate.exe file is “digitally signed” with a Thawte Certificate. You can validate the certificate using the following procedure:
- Right-click on the Acctivate shortcut and choose Properties
- Click Open File Location or Find Target… on Windows XP / 2003
- Right-click on the Acctivate executable file and choose Properties
- Click the Digital Certificates tab, select Alterity Inc. and click Details
- Verify that This digital signature is OK (see below)