Users may receive the following error when trying to start Acctivate from the server or the workstation.
Users may receive the following error if the Acctivate shares on the server are no longer able to be reached.
Typically, this can happen after the computer has been renamed. There are a few configuration files that need to be reviewed and updated so Acctivate knows how to connect to certain services.
- The SQL Server connection information will need to be modified to point to the new SQL Server (Computername\SQLServerInstance). Click here to learn more on how to accomplish this.
- Modify acctivate.exe.config file in the Acctivate directory to point to the AcctivateData share using the new computername.
- On the server, browse to the Acctivate directory, which is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Acctivate. Here, you will find a file called Acctivate.exe.config. You may need to enable the viewing of file extensions to see this filename clearly.
- Open this file using Notepad and modify the following string:
<add key="ACCTivateDataPath" value="\\Computername\AcctivateData"></add>
- If using Acctivate Mobile, modify the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\AcctHandheld\web.config file to point to the AcctivatePath:
<add key="ACCTivatePath" value="\\SUPPORTSQL\Acctivate"></add>