If you want to send emails from Acctivate via Gmail's services, take these steps.
Acctivate supports outgoing email using Gmail. Sent messages, such as a customer invoice, will appear under your Sent Items label in Gmail.
Acctivate currently supports a single SMTP email account for sending all email from all users. The email account settings are located in the Company section of Configuration Management.
NOTE: Gmail requires a secure connection (SSL) to send email from another application.
- Log in to Acctivate as a user with Admin permissions (e.g. SYS)
- Open Configuration Management from File menu
- Expand the Company folder on the left and click Company Info.
- Click Edit on the Toolbar
- Select the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) option (bottom-right)
- Enter the following settings:
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP) [smtp.gmail.com:465]
- [X] Use SSL security
- [X] My outgoing server requires authentication
- User name [YourEmailAddress@gmail.com]
- Password [yourGmailPassword]
7. Click Save on toolbar
8. All users should restart Acctivate before sending email
After your first attempt at sending an email, you might receive the following message:
To resolve this, login to your Gmail account and look for an email from Google. There is a link in the email that will allow you to enable applications to access to your Gmail account. Follow the link and turn on access.
NOTE: Support for secure SMTP was added in Acctivate 7.3