How to Uninstall and Reinstall the Crystal Reports .NET Runtime Engine
There may be times when Acctivate Support suggests uninstalling and reinstalling the Crystal Reports .NET Runtime. This runtime engine consists of libraries and functions which are needed to preview all reports within Acctivate. The purpose of this help article is to provide a step-by-step guide on how to uninstall and reinstall this runtime engine from an Acctivate workstation and or server. If an Acctivate workstation is receiving the following errors when trying to preview and or print reports in Acctivate, this typically means that the Crystal Reports Runtime Engine is failing and or missing component files.
“Acctivate error (-2147467259:0x80004005) Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. (Auto retry 1), Report:PrintReport, Source: CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers”
"Acctivate error (-2147024894:0x80070002) Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=13.0.4000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified., Report:OpenReportByReportSettings, Source: ACCTivateApp"
When Reports fail to generate a preview and get stuck in a loading state:
Steps for Uninstalling the Crystal Reports .NET Runtime Engine (32x):
- Uninstall Crystal Reports .NET Runtime (32x) from Windows Programs and Features.
Note: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features. The Crystal Reports Version may be different than what’s listed in this help article.
- Wait for the Crystal Reports .Net Runtime engine to completely uninstall.
- Restart the computer once Crystal Reports .Net Runtime has uninstalled.
Steps for reinstalling the Crystal Reports runtime engine on Acctivate Version 11.1 and higher:
- Head to our docs site for a link to install the current Crystal Reports runtime that Acctivate is using: Installation Resource | Acctivate Documentation
- Open your downloads folder and run the installer file.
- Allow the installer to install the runtime.
- Click "Finish" once your it is done.
If the reinstalling the Crystal Reports Runtime Engine did not resolve your error, another suggestion is to run the Command Prompt (CMD) with elevated permissions and use the "/sfc scannow" command. Doing so may repair missing .DLL files that are tied to the same Runtime Engine.
Steps for re-installing the Crystal reports runtime pre Version 11.1.
- Use Windows File Explorer and navigate to the Acctivate Server Client Files folder. Normally, this UNC path is \\AcctivateServerName\Acctivate\ClientFiles
- Run the CRRuntime_32Bit_13_0_25 installer located in the Client Files Folder.
Note: The Version number for CRRuntime_32Bit may be different than what’s listed in this help article.
- Allow the CRRuntime_32Bit_13_0_25 installer to install.
- Click “Finish” once the installer has successfully installed the Crystal Reports .NET Runtime Engine.