How to Uninstall and Reinstall the Crystal Reports .NET Runtime Engine
There may be times when Acctivate Support suggests uninstalling and reinstalling the Crystal Reports .NET Runtime. This runtime engine consists of libraries and functions which are needed to preview all reports within Acctivate. The purpose of this help article is to provide a step-by-step guide on how to uninstall and reinstall this runtime engine from an Acctivate workstation and or server. If an Acctivate workstation is receiving the following errors when trying to preview and or print reports in Acctivate, this typically means that the Crystal Reports Runtime Engine is failing and or missing component files.
"Acctivate error (-2147024894:0x80070002) Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=13.0.4000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified., Report:OpenReportByReportSettings, Source: ACCTivateApp"
When Reports fail to generate a preview and get stuck in a loading state:
Steps for Uninstalling the Crystal Reports .NET Runtime Engine (32x):
- Uninstall Crystal Reports .NET Runtime (32x) from Windows Programs and Features.
Note: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features. The Crystal Reports Version may be different than what’s listed in this help article.
- Wait for the Crystal Reports .Net Runtime engine to completely uninstall.
- Restart the computer once Crystal Reports .Net Runtime has uninstalled.
Steps for reinstalling the Crystal Reports runtime engine:
- Navigate to the Acctivate Update directory on your server at \\SERVERNAME\AcctivateData\Update
- Run the "CR13SP29MSI32" file
- Allow the installer to install the runtime.
- Click "Finish" once your it is done.
If the reinstalling the Crystal Reports Runtime Engine did not resolve your error, another suggestion is to run the Command Prompt (CMD) with elevated permissions and use the "sfc /scannow" command. Doing so may repair missing .DLL files that are tied to the same Runtime Engine.