This help article explains how to update your password for a scheduled task.
For all scheduled tasks (e.g., scheduling a backup) you will need to update the password anytime you change the password for the Windows user account specified for the task.
The following instructions are related to the Schedule an Automatic Database Backup article.
Windows XP or Windows 2003 Server
- From the Windows Start menu select All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> Scheduled Tasks
- Double-click Acctivate Database Maintenance then click Set Password
- Click "Set Password."
- Enter the new password, confirm it and then click OK.
- Click OK again
Windows 7, Vista, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012
The Task Scheduler in newer operating systems has been updated to not require passwords for local tasks. We recommend the Do not store password option for these operating systems. However, the following process can be used to update the saved password if you're storing the password for the backup task.
- Log in as a Windows Administrator to the Windows computer running the scheduled backup task.
- Launch Task Scheduler from the All Programs> Accessories> System Tools folder on the Windows Start Menu.
- Double-click the Acctivate Database Backup task in the Task Scheduler Library
- The Windows Password is only required if the Run whether user is logged on or not option and Do not store password is NOT checked.
- Click OK to close the Properties window
- You should be prompted to Enter the Password for the selected Windows user account
- Enter the current Windows password then click OK to save the changes