How do I?
How do I Update Products to be Available on Web?
In edit mode, check the "Available on Web" option in the product window. The Product Import can be used to do this in bulk.
Keep both the Acctivate product list and the shopping cart products up to date by exporting and/or importing a list of products available on the web in Acctivate. Since only products marked as Available on Web will be included in the product export we have lined out steps below to update the items to have this specification.
Setup an Excel Query to Extract Product List
- Follow the instructions in the Excel query article to step 4
- Select the proper Acctivate database
- Choose the Product view
- Click Next
- Give the file a Name, File Location, Description, Friendly, Name, and Search Keywords (all optional)
- Click Finish
- The Import Data window will appear for you to select how you want to view this data in your workbook and where you want to put it. Select the proper option for you (Table is typical)
- Click OK when finished and the Product view will populate the Excel sheet
- Update the AvailOnWeb column to be TRUE for any item which needs to have this specification
Import Excel Query Data to Update Products to be Available on Web
- Using the spreadsheet created above, follow the instructions listed here until Mapping Editor [2/5] step 6
- Map the Product ID and Available on Web columns
- Save Mapping
- Begin Import
- Follow the prompts until the import completes (detailed instructions in article linked in Step 1)
Once the import completes, any product marked as Available on Web will be exported using the Export Product List utility.