The Multiple-Location Control module is an Acctivate add-on which allows inventory to be tracked by warehouse location. Inventory can be tracked, sold from, received into and transferred to and from locations.
Creating and Managing Warehouse Locations
In Configuration Manager, users can create new warehouse locations or manage the list of existing locations. To access these options:
- Go to File > Configuration Management.
- Select Inventory > Locations.
- In Edit mode, click the Enable button to enable location tracking for inventory transactions.
4. Once location tracking has been enabled, the Warehouse Locations screen will change to look like this:
Here, you can create new locations. Click the Preview button to preview the list, then click Create to open the Manage Locations view.
5. In the Manage Locations view, a full list of locations for each warehouse will be displayed. If you have not created locations yet, you can add one to the list by adding the location name and zone to a new row (specified by the *).
- The Location field is where you will enter the name of the location.
- The Zone field is a way to group related locations, and is used for inventory counts. This field is optional.
- Unless the Active checkbox is checked, the location will not appear outside of Configuration Manager
Click Save to save your changes and add the new locations into Acctivate. You can also add new locations to Acctivate in the Inventory Receipts window.
Convert Existing Locations
- In #1 Convert existing locations, check the boxes of the existing locations types that you want the system to convert.
- If you have or will have multiple locations for a product, in #2 select the delimiters that you want to be used to separate the locations. (i.e. J44;J44;K13)
- In #3 Generate Preview, click the Preview button to view all existing locations that will be converted. The preview will be generated and will display in #4 Preview locations.
In the Warehouse field click the drop-down arrow and select each warehouse listed to preview the locations for each particular warehouse.
- When you are satisfied with the locations for each warehouse, click the Create button in #5 Create locations.
- The Manage Locations screen will open automatically display all the created locations for each warehouse. Use the Warehouse field drop-down arrow to toggle the list between warehouses.
Viewing location information for each warehouse a product is stocked:
The Available and On-hand quantities for warehouse locations can be viewed in the Product Information window for each product.
- Open the Product Information window by clicking the Product button or clicking Inventory > Product Information
- Enter a product ID or use the lookup window to select a product
- In the Inventory tab, click the Locations tab on the right-hand side.For each warehouse the product is stocked, the Locations tab stores the Primary Location, Primary Stock Level, any other locations if there are multiple locations and the Available and On-hand quantities for each location.
- On the left-hand side of the Inventory tab in the data grid select a warehouse from the Warehouse column.When you select a warehouse the location information for that specific warehouse will display in the Locations tab.
Performing transactions for specific warehouse locations
- Receive Inventory into a location
- Sell Inventory from a location
- Transfer inventory from one location to another