- Knowledge Base
- QuickBooks Desktop Sync
How do I?
Resolving the UTFDataFormatException error received during Sync .
UTFDataFormatException error received during Sync
The following exception may occur during synchronization:
An exception occurred! Type:UTF Data Format Exception, Message: invalid byte … in XML data.
This error is typically caused by a non-ASCII character in a QuickBooks record. Use the following procedure to resolve this problem:
- Log in to QuickBooks as Admin
- Switch to single-user mode on the File menu
- Open Preferences from the Edit menu
- Select Integrated Applications in the list on the left
- Click the Company Preferences tab
- Select Acctivate in the list and click Properties
- Check the Allow this application to access Social Security Numbers, customer credit card information, and other personal data option and click OK
- Click OK to close the Preferences window
- Switch back to Acctivate and Sync with QuickBooks again