This video takes an in-depth look on the Product Information Window.
Table Of Contents
|Timestamp||Main Section||Sub Section||Section|
|1:52||Product Information||Inventory||General Information|
|1:10||Product Information||Inventory||Warehouse Information|
|1:16||Product Information||Inventory||Cost Per Warehouse|
|1:35||Product Information||Inventory||Inventory Management|
|-||Product Information||Product Specs||-|
Products can be found on the menu item Inventory > Product Information or by using the Product shortcut from the main toolbar.
To pull up a specific product, press F4 or select the Lookup button next to the Product ID box to search for products already entered in the system.
Primary Filters used to refine search.
- Begins with
Secondary Filters can be used independently or in conjunction with the primary filters.
- Product Type
- Product Class
- Item Type
- The supplier will return products that are associated with that vendor.
Inventory Products Header
- Item Type is a standard list that cannot be changed. Options are “Inventoried”, “Non-inventoried”, “Drop-Ship only”, “Labor”, “Shipping”, “Other charge” and “Special order“. For more detailed information on Item types, check out our Product Information article.
- Product Type is a user defined list for finding products in the look up screen and filter on reports.
- Product Class is a user defined list that is typically used for:
- Finding products in the look up screen and on reports.
- Channeling sales revenue and COGS to QuickBooks.
- Sales Analysis reports.
- Sales Category is a user defined list used for reporting purposes and sales analysis reports. (optional field)
- Tax Code – If taxable in any situation, apply the Taxable code. Customers’ tax exempt status will override the product taxable status.
- Unit of Measure
- Stocking Unit – This is the base stocking unit for the product.
- Sales Unit – The sales unit of measure related to the stocking unit of measure. This will be used as the default unit of measure for sales orders.
- Purchasing Unit – The purchasing unit of measure related to the stocking unit of measure. This will be used as the default unit of measure for purchase orders.
- Packaging Unit – The packaging unit of measure (used for with the Packaging Manager and EDI Manager add-ons) related to the stocking unit of measure. This will be used as the default unit of measure for packaging.
- View / Edit Alternates – When not in edit mode, this button will say View Alternates. When in edit mode, this button will say Edit Alternates. There can be virtually unlimited multiple related units of measure per product. This button opens a data entry grid for viewing and entering additional related units. To hide this data grid, click the Hide Alternates button.
- Bill of Materials is a standard list that cannot be changed. Options are None (or Blank), Assembly (Standard), Assembly (Custom), Assembly (Process), Assortment, Kit (Standard), and Kit (Custom).
- Take a look at our Bill of Material / Assembly video for specific explanations of the list above.
Product Information Tabs
- Control Type defines whether a product is:
- Standard - Individual units are not specifically identified.
- Lot Numbered - Quantities groups are identified with a specific number.
- Serial Numbered - Individual units are identified with a specific number.
- Numbered when Invoice - Individual units are identified with a specific number when the product is invoiced.
- Cost Method defines the accounting method used to account for inventory transactions. Acctivate supports the following inventory accounting methods to be defined per product: Average, Standard, LIFO, FIFO, and Actual (lot or serialized products only).
- It is strongly recommended that you consult with your CPA or Tax Advisor before making any change to your costing method.
- Count Cycle - Products may be categorized and grouped by physical count cycle. The Print Inventory Count Sheet function will allow inventory to be frozen and count sheets printed for a particular cycle.
- Available - Quantity available to sell. On Hand - Sched - B/O - Reserved.
- On Hand - Quantity of stock currently on hand.
- On PO - Quantity on open Purchase Orders.
- Sched - Open quantities that have not been filled on open sales orders.
- B/O - Backorder quantities on open Sales Orders.
- Sp/O - Quantity reserved on sales order for special order. (Only shows depending on configuration)
- WIP - Quantities associated with assemblies in process. (Only shows depending on configuration)
- Assy - Quantity of unposted assembly components. (Only shows depending on configuration)
- Average Cost - Value of inventory divided by the quantity on hand.
- Value - Value of the inventory on hand.
Costs per Warehouse
- Mgmt - Budgeted or Landed cost used on custom reports or “Cost Plus” pricing.
- Last - is the price from the last receipt.
- Std – Standard Cost per warehouse when using Standard Costing
- Reserved - Commitment against inventory, will reduce the quantity available.
- Min Stk Qty - Minimum stock quantity or product reorder point.
- Min Ord Qty - Minimum quantity to reorder. Used to take advantage of vendor minimums.
- Max Stk Qty - Maximum stocking level.
- Each product may specify a List Price. The list price can be specific or a cost plus price.
- Each product may specify pricing by Price Codes. These codes are customized in Configuration Management.
- Price Category can be used for pricing based on product groupings. This field is configured on the product window and allows you to choose existing categories from a drop down menu.
- Take a look at our Price Categories video for further information.
- Used to provide a list of alternative items for sale.
- Displays on the Sales Order screen – these will not pull from inventory if the original item is out of stock.
- Preferred vendors are indicated with a checkmark.
- Vendor Product ID will show on Purchase Order.
- Price column is for negotiated price and will be the default for the Purchase Order.
- Last price is the actual amount from the last receipt for this product from that vendor.
- Warehouse – filter history based on the specific warehouse used
- Type – filter based on document type (i.e. sales orders, purchase orders, credit memos, etc.)
- Look for – search any field within the History tab to find specific data
- The details for a specific document can be viewed and/or maintained by double-clicking its data grid row.
- Displays a permanent list of all inventory transactions for the product from each stocking location, sorted with the most recent activity at the top.
- Same filters as the History tab as well as a Location filter, if using multiple locations.
- Must check the box for the pop-up to appear on Sales Order or Purchase Order screen.
- Use on Sales Order for up-sell notes, specials, or a problem with an item.
- Use on Purchase Order for reorder quantities or other purchasing reminders.
Product Specs Tab
- Add a picture of the product
- Point to an external document.
- Define dimensions and packaging specifics
- Specify any Technical Specifications
- Used for Business Alerts – Check out the Business Alerts video for specifics.