There are five different ways to create new Sales Orders. Customers can either create a Quote to convert to a Sales Order; convert a Booked order to Scheduled; create a new Sales Order directly; via a mobile device; or through our web store integration. This video reviews going from a Quote to a Sales Order. Feel free to check out the Enter Sales Order article, if you prefer screen shots over a video.
Create Sales Quote (0:15)
- To create a new Quote, go to Sales > Quote and click New
- You can copy an existing Quote or Sales Order from a previous one, for the same the customer or a different customer using the Copy button
2. Add a customer to the quote to pull the proper pricing. If the customer name is known, type it into the Cust Name field and press the Tab key. If you need to look it up, use the Lookup button, next to the field to locate and select a customer from the Find Customer window.
3.Be sure to look over the information that populates automatically to ensure it’s correct.
4.Add Detail to the quote by selecting items from the product list.
5.Print or Email the Quote to your customer.
6.If customer approves, convert the quote to an order by changing the Status to either Booked or Scheduled. All quoted information will be transferred to the Sales Order and can be modified, if necessary.
7.If customer rejects or cancels the quote, simply change the Status to Rejected or Cancelled. The cancellation status provides an option to record a reason. Users can run an analysis report based on these reasons.
Create a Sales Order (1:40)
- Either change the Status of the Quote, go to Sales > Sales Order from the main menu, or select the Sales Order button on the icon bar and click New.
- If starting without a quote, select the CustomerName from the list using the Lookup button or manually type the ID and press the Tab key.
2. Enter the Sales Order Header information. Make sure to update any information like MarketingCode, PO, Ref, Ref2, Job, Contract, and Salesperson when applicable.
- Status can be any of the following:
- Booked – No commitment against inventory levels; used for future orders.
- Scheduled – Allocated inventory from On Hand to Available for Sale. Indicates order is ready for shipment.
- Cancelled – Customer decided to cancel their order. This status provides an option to record a reason for cancellation.
3. Review the default Billto and Shipto addresses that populate from the customer’s information. Check the Override boxes to override these addresses.
- Address changes made on the Sales Order window will not update the customer record.
4. Confirm the Requested, Promised and Not before / Not after dates.
5. Verify the Contact information is correct based on the person ordering.
- New customer contacts should be added to the Customer record in order to use for future orders.
6. Some companies utilize the Workflow Status. Default workflow status options include, but not limited to, Ready to Pick, Picked, and Shipped. Customized statuses can be added in Configuration Manager.
7.Fill in the shipping information based on the Ship Via, Carrier, Service, and FOB (if applicable) preferred/specified by customer.
Enter Sales Order Details (4:44)
- Select the Detail tab to add products to the sales order.
- If you know the product ID, type it in the Product ID field. If you don’t know the ID, click inside the field and click the Lookup button that appears to select a product from the Find Product Lookup window.
- In the W/H field, the warehouse displayed is based on the default branch in the top portion of the order.
Click in the field and click the drop down arrow to get a quick look at inventory levels for the product in each warehouse. Update if necessary.
- Enter the quantity ordered in the Ordered field.
- In the first U/M field (next to Quantity), the default sales unit of measure defined for the product is displayed. It can be changed if related units exist in the provided drop down.
- Click in the Price Code (Pr Cd) field. Click the Lookup button that appears and select the appropriate price code if the default is not correct.
- In the second U/M field (next to Price), the unit of measure related to price is displayed. It can be changed if related units exist in the provided drop down.
- Multiple products can be entered. After one product is entered a line for another will appear with an asterisk symbol. Users have the ability to Insert, Delete, and Move rows as they desire using the Move menu.
- Specify any Special or Shipping Instructions on the Instructions tab.
- The Comment field is for general comments for the customer, the order or both. A new comment can be entered or you can select from the drop down menu of user defined comments.
- The Special Instructions textbox is for information that is kept confidential and will not be displayed on any invoice, order or customer-viewed document.
- The Shipping Instructions textbox is for information that you want printed on the shipping documents.
10. Review all of the order information. When you are finished, click the Save button.
11.An order number will be assigned in the Order Number field based on the next number available.
Process Sales Order and Order Documents (7:45)
- Print or Email the order for the customer.
- If utilizing Workflow status, change to Ready to Pick once the order is ready to be processed and shipped.
- Print the Pick Ticket, Pick/Pack, or Pick Ticket with Components based on your business’ process.
- These forms can be printed as a batch by going to Sales > Print Pick Tickets.
4. Change Workflow status to Pick in Progress.
5. After the warehouse has picked the items, print the PackList to place in the package for the customers’ reference.
6.Change Workflow status to Picked.
7.Print any necessary shipping documents like the Bill of Lading or Shipping Labels.
8.Once you have shipped the items, change the Workflow status to Shipped.
Create Invoice for One Order (11:16)
- Click Create Invoice to pull up the release window.
- Choose the proper Invoice Format when utilizing multiple invoice forms.
- Fill in package information for any shipping charges.
- If you have already entered shipping manually on the order, do not enter it again on the release window.
- Users can Preview the invoice or email directly from this screen by checking the Print Invoice Now or Email Invoice Now boxes.
4. Payment information can be entered here to be sent to QuickBooks during the next synchronization.
5. Release the invoice to complete the order.
Create Invoices for Multiple Orders (12:20)
- Select Sales > Prepare Invoices to open the Invoice Preparation Wizard. The first screen of this wizard is Qualifications.
- Choose from the Order Type field.
- Select the orders you want to invoice by using any of the provided qualification fields or leave them blank and the Entered By, Branch and Salesperson fields set to All to list all service orders that have not been invoiced. Entering or selecting qualifications from any of these fields will present invoices for your review in the next screen (Review).
- In the Sequence List by field select how you want your qualifications in the Review screen listed (i.e. by Order Number, Customer Name, etc.).
- Click the Next button.
- In the Review screen, from the provided list select the orders you want to invoice by checking the boxes to the left. You can also use the buttons (Mark All, Unmark All, Mark Selected, Unmark Selected) near the top of the screen to select orders to be invoiced. The View button will allow you to view the service order for the order you have selected.
- If shipping charges apply, enter the charge amount in the Ship Charge column.
- When you have selected the orders to invoice, click the Next button.
- The next screen is called, Prepare Invoices. It will display the number of orders selected to be invoiced. Click the Prepare Invoices button to begin invoice calculations.
- When the preparation is completed it will display how many were prepared and how many could not be invoiced (in red color text).
- Click the Next button.
- If some orders could not be invoiced, the order number and reasons why will be displayed in this Errors screen. You can view the order and/or print the error listing by clicking the corresponding buttons.
- When you are done, click the Finished button. The group of orders you chose have now been invoiced.