This article includes a video with a guide to creating a dashboard.
In this training session, you will learn how to setup the dashboard which presents summarized information from your Acctivate company represented on a single window and can be setup to automatically refresh throughout the day.
Dashboard Options (0:10)
- You can open the panel by either using the Dashboard button on the icon bar or go to Alerts > Dashboard
- Click the Edit button to begin modifying the Dashboard Panel
- In Edit mode, you have the ability to Save, Undo, or Add Report
- The Autorefresh, Refresh, and Pop Out buttons are available whether in Edit mode or not. The Autorefresh option (11:07) sets the intervals in which the reports chosen will refresh throughout the day based on the current data in the Acctivate database.
Adding a Report (1:02)
- To select a Report, click Add Report in Edit mode
- The Panels window shows the standard list of reports which are available for the Dashboard. These reports are shown based on the Document Type of Dashboard Panel in Configuration Management. To add a report to the list, modify the Document Type in Configuration Management to be Dashboard Panel.
- The first report we’ll add is the Sales Order Summary Chart which is found in the Order Processing > Orders section of the Panel.
- Highlight the report and click the Select button to open the Report Selection Criteria. This is the window where you will choose the filtering for the report chosen to view in the Dashboard.
- We’ll need to choose a Document Type. We have the option of Sales Quotes, Sales Orders, Credit Memos, Service Orders, and a combination of Sales or Service Orders. We’ll choose Sales Orders for this specific Dashboard setup.
- Next, choose a Group which allows you to group and total by one of the categories listed. For this report, we have the option of Salesperson, Product Class, State, Branch, Customer Type, Marketing Code, and Status. We’ll choose the option of Salesperson.
- The user also has the option to Show Chart or List based on the Group chosen above. We’ll set these both to yes.
- Feel free to limit the Order Dates to a specific time frame, as well as utilizing any of the other available filters for the report. For this example, I’d like to not see anything listed under the Shipping Product Class and only want to view Scheduled orders so I’ll need to scroll down to select those particular filters to set a value.
- The user also has the option to change the Title of the report to clearly represent what will be shown. We’ll change it to be Scheduled Orders by Salesperson.
- When ready, click Done.
As you can see, the Title of the report shown matches what you changed it to. You can also see the Chart option displayed as a pie chart, as well as the List option below. Both show total dollar amounts based on the filtered criteria of Salesperson.
Relocate Report in Dashboard (5:58)
- Click on the Title of the report and drag it to the preferred place on the dashboard. When dragging the reports, Acctivate will show you options on where to put the report. You can either move them to be side by side, above, below, or in a tabbed view.
- Move them to be tabbed to see how that functions. Now, you have the opportunity to select a specific report to view based on your needs. This also gives us the room to add more reports to this panel.
- The third report we added will be moved to the right hand side of the Dashboard. To do so, drag the Title of the report to the right side and let it go.
- We can now re-size the windows to view all the data in both reports side by side.
Refresh, Rename, Change Parameters, or Change Report (8:19)
- The user must be in Edit mode to see the full list of options for each report. Click the Edit button.
- Then click the drop down menu on the top right hand side of the specific report. The user has the following options available:
- Refresh – You can see the last time the report was refreshed or click Refresh to do so at that time.
- Rename – If you want to change the Title of the report, click this option to Rename the report. A window will appear which allows you to override what’s currently shown on the title.
- Change Parameters – This option is so the user can change what data appears on the report. It will open the Report Selection Criteria window to add or remove available filters. If you want to simply view another set of data without changing what’s seen from that point forward, change the parameters and click Undo rather than Save. If you want to change the data shown from that point forward, change the parameters and click Save.
- Change Report – To change the report shown, choose Change Report. This will open the Panels window for the user to select a different report entirely to replace the one shown.
Auto Hide or Show a Report (10:01)
- Click the Edit button to view this option on the far right hand side next to the drop down discussed above.
- To Auto Hide the report, click the pin icon.
- After saving, the report can be brought back into view by clicking the report title on the portion of the panel you would view it in originally.
- To show the report on the Dashboard rather than hide it, click the same pin icon in Edit mode.
Remove a Report (10:22)
- Click Edit
- To remove a report from the dashboard, click the X on the top right hand side of the specific report next to the above-mentioned options.
- This removes the report from the Dashboard entirely.
Pop Out or Pop In a Report from Acctivate (10:48)
- To view the Dashboard as its own separate window from Acctivate, click the Pop out button.
- This allows the user to minimize either Acctivate or the Dashboard itself into the taskbar on your desktop. The user will be able to view each individually.
- If you wish to get it back inside Acctivate, click the Pop in
Automatically Open Dashboard when Logging In (11:27)If the user wishes to have the Dashboard open when the log in or exit Configuration Management, you can set this option for them.
- Go to File > Configuration Management > User > User Information
- Select the specific User
- Click Edit
- Check the Open Dashboard Automatically