This article contains frequently asked questions about webstore configuration.
When you set up a webstore template in Acctivate, there are several options for setting up the sections of that template. These questions can help determine which options to use in your setup.
How do you want to see customer records in Acctivate?
- Option 1- create a new customer in Acctivate for each record from the webstore. Acctivate will match existing customers based on a matching sequence. ex: John Smith (email@example.com)
- Option 2- import all orders under a Bulk customer ID . This option could be recommended if you have high volume sales on your webstore and don't want to create several customers in your QuickBooks file.
Will Alternate Product ID's be needed to match products between the Webstore and Acctivate?
- Depending on the webstore type, the fields given on a sales order for a product will be SKU, UPC, ProductID, etc.
- If you do need alternate product id's, follow this article to set them up.
Where do you charge Sales Tax?
- Do you charge sales tax only on orders that are shipped within your state?
- If you have Avalara, is that set up on the webstore as well? Have your purchases the Avalara Module with Acctivate?
Will you be Authorizing or Charging credit cards on the webstore?
- Magento webstore templates allow you to Authorize a credit card on the webstore and then charge the card in Acctivate.
- If you plan on charging credit cards at the time of order, the Sales Order in Acctivate can have a payment record applied once the order has been invoiced. There won't be a balance on the Order once it syncs into QuickBooks as the payment is already applied.
How do you want to record the payment method of an order charged on the webstore?
- i.e. Do you want to bring in the card types (Visa, Mastercard, etc) or set them all as Credit Card?
Do you use Discounts in your webstore?
- You can bring them in all under a default product so that you don't have to create a new product for every discount code.
How do you want to show the options for shipping in Acctivate?
- Do you allow your customers to choose from more than one shipping method on your webstore? If so, these same shipping methods can be setup in Acctivate so that they are automatically applied once the sales order syncs into Acctivate.
- What does Standard shipping mean to you? If all orders are shipped using a particular shipping method, a default ShipVia/Service can be configured in the webstore template so that all orders use this method.
- Do you charge shipping on the webstore? If so, the shipping amount can be configured to import as a line item automatically once the sale order imports into Acctivate.
Do you want to set a default Terms Code?
- You can set a default terms code for all webstore orders.
Are you shipping from one warehouse or multiple?
- You can set a default warehouse for all webstore orders to use.
- You can also set the warehouse for the inventory export to use as well.