How do I?
How do I create new lot/serial numbers?
Quantity for lot/serial products can only be created from an Inventory Receipt or from an Inventory Assembly.
Receipts can be From PO, Manually Entered, or Imported from spreadsheet.
To manually generate an inventory receipt for a lot controlled product.
- From the Inventory Menu choose > Inventory Receipts
- Be sure the the session date and warehouse are correct
- The session date is going to be the date the inventory will be received into the warehouse.
- Then add the 'required' Product, Received Qty, Cost, and Lot Number along with any additional optional fields.
- Click Save
- This ONLY saves the transaction, you still have not posted the lot quantities into inventory.
- To add the lot number and quantity to the product you must POST, the receipt transaction. Once the transaction has been posted the receiving of lot numbers is complete.